NIGHT WATCH SECURITY SERVICES LTD is committed to providing a high quality service to everyone we deal with. In order to do this we need you to give us any comments about our service, and to tell us when we get things wrong. We want to resolve any complaint as quickly as possible.
We treat as a “complaint” any expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for a response. We listen to your complaints, treat them seriously, and learn from them so that we can continuously improve our service.
- What is a complaint?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, whether subsequently found to be justified or not.
1.1 Our policy covers complaints about:
- the standard of service we provide
- the behaviour of our staff, and
- any action or lack of action by members of staff affecting an individual or group
1.2 Our complaints policy does not cover:
- comments about our policies or policy decisions
- Dissatisfaction with our policies or decisions about individual cases.
- matters that have already been fully investigated through this complaints procedure where no new evidence is forth coming, or
- Anonymous complaints.
- Our standards for handling complaints
We treat all complaints seriously, whether they are made by telephone, by letter, or by email.
You will be treated with courtesy and fairness at all times. We would expect in return that you will be courteous and fair in your dealings with our staff at all times.
We will treat your complaint in confidence within NIGHT WATCH SECURITY SERVICES LTD.
We will deal with your complaint promptly. We will acknowledge receipt of a written complaint within five working days and we will send you a full reply within 20 working days of receipt wherever possible. If we cannot send a full reply within 20 working days of receipt we will tell you the reason why and let you know when we will be able to reply in full.
- Third Party Reporting
Complainants may wish to have a third party act on their behalf. A third party is any person or organisation acting on behalf of or making enquiries for the complainant. Representatives may include:
- advice organisations,
- any professionals supporting a concern,
Where a third party is helping a complainant with a particular complaint and written authority is held to that effect, if the representative asks to be kept informed of progress on the complaint all possible steps will be taken to ensure that this happens.
- Gender, sexual orientation or marital status: this includes family status, responsibility for dependants, and gender (including gender reassignment, whether proposed, commenced or completed)
- colour or race: this includes ethnic or national origin or nationality
- religious or political beliefs, or trade union affiliation, or
- other unjustifiable factors, for example language difficulties or age.
All complaints received will be dealt with confidentially and in accordance with the requirements of the data protection act 1998. NIGHT WATCH SECURITY SERVICES LTD is registered under the Act.
- How to Complain
You can make a complaint to the address in section 9 below in a number of ways:
- By telephone
- By email
- In writing via letter
- By text message
We have a two-stage complaints procedure. At each stage it will help us to resolve your complaint quickly if you can give us as much clear detail as possible, including any documents and correspondence and stating that you are making a complaint in line with our procedure.
- The stages of the complaints procedure
This is the first opportunity for a service to resolve a complainant’s dissatisfaction, and the majority of complaints will be resolved at this stage. In the first instance, we will try to get your complaint resolved by our front line staff and managers.
If you are dissatisfied with this response you may request a review by a NIGHT WATCH SECURITY SERVICES LTD director. Your request should be sent to in writing to the NIGHT WATCH SECURITY SERVICES LTD ADDRESS where the correspondence will be directed accordingly for review.
- Timescales for handling a complaint
Stage 1 – maximum 10 working days
Acknowledgement within 1 working day
Full response within 10 working days
Stage 2 – maximum 20 working days, wherever practicable
Acknowledgement within 1 working day
Full response within 20 working days
Extending time limits